Founded by Dr Shafi Ahmed, the curriculum will consist of AI, Robotics, VR/AR, Machine Learning, biosensors, intellectual property and more. The pilot kicked off in January 2017, and will take 120 students through a 4 month programme that includes idea generation, mentorship, pitch day and a hackathon.
The Faculty is world-class, with some of the most influential leaders in the space. The Faculty includes:
- Dr Shafi Ahmed - Consultant Surgeon and Associate Dean / Faculty of Singularity University
- Dr Daniel Kraft - Paediatric oncologist / Chair of Exponential medicine, Singularity University US
- Dr Cristina De Juan - CEO of Innovatemedtec
- Dr Jack Kreindler - Previous A and E Physician physiologist and serial technology entrepreneur / Faculty of Singularity University
- Maxine Mackintosh - Chair Health Tech Women
- Milind Kamkolkar - Previous Global Head data science at Novartis / Faculty of Singularity University US
- Arshya Vahabzadeh - Instructor in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School. Director of Digital Health, Brain Power / Faculty of Singularity University
- Dr Vishal Gulati - HealthTech venture capitalist
- John Nosta - Digital Health strategic advisor Google Health Advisory Board / Faculty of Singularity University US
Class Day - 13 January 2017
The launch of the course took place at Barts University with students and mentors in the room as well as live streaming from the USA.
Students are now divided into groups, given a mentor from the faculty, and are putting together a business case in preparation for the pitch day on February 24th! Watch this space.
Feedback from the launch day includes,
Here is the link to our white paper on 'Digital Health: an overview for physicians'.