Join our team to bring the best practices of design research to the world of clinical research.
Ctrl Group builds products that make the experience of participating in medical research simple and transparent. When more people are included in research and richer data can be gathered, then it becomes possible to improve the way healthcare works for everyone.
We are looking for a design-researcher to join our team in London, UK. Research is one of our core activities. We work closely with patients and clinicians to develop digital products that meet their needs. At the moment we are running an NHS-approved research study in London to test an app we have created for people with depression. We are planning a second study in the US. We are also developing new interactive ways of measuring people’s cognitive health (think short games and tasks, a little bit like brain-training, but more scientific). Lastly we are doing some really exciting and explorative work in natural language processing and voice-based health interfaces.
Our users are the people who are generous enough to offer their time and energy to take part in medical research, often when they are not feeling particularly well. First and foremost, the products we develop need to provide an excellent user-experience while also gathering high-quality data. One of our biggest challenges is to bring the best practices of design research to the world of clinical research.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working in small mixed teams, in close collaboration with designers, software engineers and medical scientists
- Has a strong interest in the role of technology to improve medical research and healthcare
- Develops research methodologies capable of generating deep insights and keep the team focussed on what is important to patients and clinicians
- Is capable of planning, and coordinating and delivering research projects that combine contextual, clinical and quantitative methods
- Enjoys working directly with patients and clinicians and performing field research
- Communicates research insights in a way that inspires creative solutions to user needs
We are especially interested in applicants who have, or are keen to develop, complementary skills in design, software engineering and data-science.
What we are offering
As well as a competitive salary we are offering matched pension contributions and family-friendly and flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
Please send an email enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV.
No agencies please