Join our team to build software that will enable everyone to take part in clinical research.
Ctrl Group builds products that make the experience of participating in medical research simple and transparent. When more people are included in research and richer data can be gathered, then it becomes possible to improve the way healthcare works for everyone.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team of designers, developers and researchers in London, UK. At the moment we are focused on developing a chat-based system on iOS for guiding people through the (often bewildering) experience of taking part in medical research. We are also developing new interactive ways of measuring people’s cognitive health (think short games and tasks, a little bit like brain-training, but more scientific). Lastly we are doing some really exciting and explorative work in natural language processing and voice-based UI.
Our users are the people who are generous enough to offer their time and energy to take part in medical research, often when they are not feeling particularly well. First and foremost, the products we develop need to provide an excellent user-experience while also gathering high-quality data.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working in small mixed teams, in close collaboration with designers, researchers and medical scientists
- Has a strong interest in the role of technology to improve medical research and healthcare
- Enjoys the challenge of combining good user experience and good science (not always easy!)
- Has two or more years of experience working on production quality code in a team-based environment
Is not tied to a particular platform and who is happy to apply their skills to new tools if the need arises. However, familiarity with some or all of the following languages and platforms would be helpful:
- iOS Development in Swift
- Familiarity with frameworks like React or alternatives like Vue.js or Angular
- Cares about good craft in software design and continually improving the best practices of the team
We are especially interested in applicants who have, or are keen to develop, complementary skills in design, user-research and data-science.
What we are offering:
As well as a competitive salary we are offering matched pension contributions and family-friendly working arrangements.
How to apply
Please send an email enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV.