Digital Health Live is a high profile event taking place 5th–7th May 2015 at the Dubai World Trade Center.
The UAE has the real potential to deliver a radical new vision for smart health and the world’s greatest minds are coming to Dubai in May to explore how to make this happen. Digital Health Live will bring together an unprecedented confluence of digital health experts from around the world; in many cases for the first time together.
This will be a high profile event that will see ALL of the key players gathered under the same roof—decision-makers, investors, entrepreneurs, providers, patient representatives and industry experts. The conference will be limited to 500 high profile delegates, but the unique world’s first interactive and immersive digital health expo will be open to thousands.
In addition to the high profile regional speakers, a selection of international speakers are included below:
- John Nosta: Conference chair and digital health philosopher. John is a nuviun strategic advisor, and lead thinker at NostaLab. He has a resonant voice from Forbes to TED, and is a member of the Google Health Advisory Board.
- John Sculley: American businessman, entrepreneur and investor in high-tech startups. John was VicePresident (1970–1977) and President of PepsiCo (1977–1983), until he became CEO of Apple on April 8, 1983, a position he held until leaving in 1993.
- Dr. Reed Tuckson: President of the American Telemedicine Association. Over his 35+ years as a health professional, Reed has had the privilege of engaging in nearly every sector of health and medical care and has always been intensely aware of the serious challenges facing the health of the nation and the importance of advancing innovative solutions.
- Dr. Daniel Kraft: Stanford and Harvard trained physician-scientist and entrepreneur. Daniel is the Faculty chair for Medicine at Singularity University, and founding Executive Director and Conference Chairman for Exponential Medicine.
- Gary Fingerhut: Executive Director, Innovations at Cleveland Clinic. Gary has 25+ years of technical and management leadership experience in the software industry, and was previously General Manager and Vice President of Axentis, a Wolters Kluwer business.
- Jack Young: Senior Director, Qualcomm Life Fund, Qualcomm Ventures General Partner, dRx Capital AG. Jack is also a General Partner at dRx Capital, a Novartis and Qualcomm joint investment company, created to fund early stage companies with “beyond the pill” products or services.
- Dr Robert Hariri: Chairman and Founder of Cellular Therapeutics Division at Celgene. Dr. Hariri is a visionary surgeon, scientist, aviator and entrepreneur. He has pioneered the use of stem cells to treat a range of life threatening diseases.
- Anand K Iyer, Ph.D., MBA: Chief Data Scientist for WellDoc. In his current role as Chief Data Scientist for WellDoc, Anand leads complex analyses, fueled by real-time data from WellDoc’s flagship mobile prescription therapy, BlueStar®, that help adapt the product to enhance patient engagement and outcomes. Earlier, as President and COO, he oversaw the creation of the first ever FDA-cleared and prescriptiondriven mobile- and web- based diabetes management platform.
This is not just another event. Digital Health Live’s goal is a roadmap and agenda for change.
The GCC has a strong vision for creating smart environments, with healthcare as a top priority. Coupled with little to no legacy infrastructure—and regulation that can be rewritten where it makes sense—it is evident why many experts are recognizing that this region has a huge opportunity to be the testing ground for real and radical change. For this to happen, the experts with the know-how and the decision-makers with the vision and resources need to be involved. Digital Health Live is the place that will make that happen. The event is fully supported by the UAE local health authorities and there is a huge vested interest for this meeting to be the launchpad for change.